Drum roll please….introducing the Gura Gear Kiboko 30L camera bag. I honestly believe for wildlife photography this is the best DSLR camera bag out there. I also believe the Gura Gear line makes the perfect camera bags for women because they are roomy enough to carry a lot of gear while at the same time being extremely light weight. I’ve owned mine since the summer of 2011 and all of those annoying things I mentioned above have been addressed in this camera bag. That’s likely because the guy who designed the bag, Andy Biggs, is himself a world renowned wildlife photographer. Secondly Gura Gear took all of the great suggestions from its customers from the first release of the Kiboko Camera bag and built those features into the Kiboko 30L. So you might say this bag is the design handy work of hundreds of wildlife photographers and in my opinion it is the best camera bag on the planet. So let’s get right down to it, why am I so bullish on the Kiboko 30L.
So here are the highlights:
- Extremely lightweight; just 4 lbs. If you travel on airlines you want your weight limit used up by gear not your camera bag
- Deep enough to accommodate pro level SLR camera bodies, as well as most medium format cameras
- Will accommodate up to 800mm f5.6 and takes my Nikon 200-400 with D700 mounted. See picture below for Canon example.
- Unique butterfly-style opening means no flaps flopping onto the ground so everything stays dirt free inside the bag
- Made from high-tech, durable sail cloth material so this bag will stand the test of time
- Comfortable, fully-functional harness that takes the load but can be stowed for travel so the straps are out of the way
- Removable waist belt
- North American airline carry-on compliant so you can avoid those unpleasant conversations with the airline attendants
- Removable rain cover for those days when the skies open up unexpectedly or if your like me you went out intentionally in the rain
- On top of each butterfly flap is a separate zipper pouch the length of the entire flap for storing cards, drives, batteries, etc.
- Tons of extra pockets – each butterfly flap top and bottom has additional mesh and zippered pouches for storage
- Large visible zipper pulls. Allows you to easily pull the with gloves on. Also allows you a visual when all 4 compartments are zipped as you see the 4 loops at the top of the bag. No more dumping your gear because you thought it was zipped up.
- Two handles, one on the top of the bag and one ergonomically placed at a 45 degree angle on the side of the bag.
- Dimensions 14x21x8.5 inches (35.6 x 53.3 x 21.6 cm); 30 Liters useable
Priced at $429 you may think it’s expensive however I personally would rather pay $429 one time and get the best camera bag for my needs than spend $650 on three bags that don’t work out. Besides this way you get your closet space back for clothes.:))
Andy Biggs does a nice job highlighting the features of the bag is this Kiboko 30 camera bag video.
You can purchase the Gura Gear Kiboko 30L bag directly from Outdoor Photo Gear or NatureScapes.
If you are considering the purchase of a Kiboko bag now is the time to act. Until April 30, 2012 you can get a $40 discount on the Chobe 19-24L or a $75 discount when you order both a Chobe 19-24L and Kiboko 30L. Gura Gear Mail In Rebate form.
Click on any of the images below to get a larger preview.
Verdict: The Gura Gear Kiboko 30L Camera Bag is the best DSLR camera bag for women and men and that earns it a COOL Wildlife photography two paws up.
Guru Gear Kiboko 19-24L – Best Camera Bag For Travel
Comments are closed.